send your kids to camp.
for your benefit. for theirs
for the camp and campers there
send your kids to camp. please
at camp, they’ll learn the weirdest habits and the most useless skills. they’ll become emotionally attached to burnt rope on their wrist, and have a song for any occasion on cue,…
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
EDUCATE YOURSELVES ON WHAT THIS WOMAN DID BEFORE YOU DARE SAY SHE WASN’T A ROLE MODEL!
Not a #tilttuesday but how about a #turnouttuesday 😁
#maledancer #turnout #uartsdancemajor #maledancers #balletboys #balletboy
shoutout to my dapper day dress for being a comfortable and beautiful dream
i’m a scoop of ice cream on this hot summer day, you’re welcome america
"Girls are ugly with short hair!"
I can’t hear you
over the sound
of how beautiful
these women look
You sexist asshole
I have a short hair and I hear that on a daily basis
you forgot someone
I want you to imagine a ten year old version of yourself sitting right there on this couch. Now this is the little girl who first believed that she was fat, and ugly, and an embarrassment.
"Boy or girl?"
“I don’t think they identify as either”
“Ok but boy parts or girl parts?”
I read this as boy pants or girl pants
ok so this is a post about chest binding and a certain binder that you SHOULD NOT buy!
information and pictures under the cut but this is pretty important so if you are looking to buy a binder i strongly recommend looking at this